Improve your chances of securing an apprenticeship
Improve your prospects of securing an apprenticeship and gain basic skills in engineering and manufacturing by enrolling in our Certificate II in Engineering Pathways. On graduating from this course you’ll be equipped with underpinning skills and knowledge in a range of engineering and manufacturing tasks. You’ll learn basic skills in welding, machining, pre-start checks, identifying and reporting faults as well as how to interpret job instructions, operating procedures and basic drawings.
This qualification develops trade-like skills. As an example, the outcome level of welding skills from this qualification is not about learning trade-level welding theory and practice; it is about being introduced to welding, how it can be used to join metal and having the opportunity to weld some metal together. Similarly with machining, the outcome is about something being produced on a lathe etc., not the theory and practice of machining. The focus is on using engineering tools and equipment to produce or modify objects.
- Read and interpret routine information on written job instructions and standard operating procedures including simple drawings
- Identify routine problems/faults in machine/process/equipment operations and act/report as required
- Minimise wasteful use of resources including materials and services in own work
- Select, prepare and lay out or assemble materials and equipment correctly
- Conduct pre-start checks on machinery/equipment
- Perform work in accordance with job instructions and work procedures
- Use dedicated tools, equipment and machines
Gold Coast - Ashmore
Full time: 9 weeks / 1 day per week
- Full Fee $4,250
- Subsidised $578
- Concession $170
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning practical skills through hands-on teaching
As a self proclaimed 'hands on' learner, my teachers at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast recognised the importance of providing me with avenues that showcase my desire to be creative with my hands. The practical knowledge and skills I have learnt throughout the course as well as having the qualification from completing a nationally accredited course, will allow me to fulfil my desire to travel the country....making and fixings things!
A qualification with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast will bring you practical and essential skills in your choosen field. Our hands-on training leads to great job outcomes for our students.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.