Take your trades career to the next level
With the Certificate IV in Engineering you can apply for trade recognition as a Special Class Engineering Tradesperson and work in engineering in a range of industry sectors. The qualification can be achieved through a formal apprenticeship or as an upgrade for workers holding the Certificate III in Engineering. The course is delivered in workshops, the classroom, on the job and in a simulated learning environment.
This apprenticeship provides candidates with the higher level skills, both on the tools, in the planning stages and at a management level. The goal is to improve career prospects for the candidate whilst also assisting in improving productivity in the workplace, and most importantly the business’ bottom line. Examples:
- Advanced training in 3D AutoCAD which will take skilled workers to an elite level in creating computerised working models, generating parts lists, wear and load bearing specifications as well as material take-off.
- Skills in the maintenance and repair of machinery, which will improve the candidates scope of skills and save time and money for the business by eliminating the need for outsourcing.
- Elective selections under this program offer specialised training in areas including occupational health and safety and operational planning, leadership and management, and higher class welding.
- Training will assist both apprentices and employers by broadening the capabilities of the candidate at a level above the Certificate III in Engineering.
Recognition of prior learning is also an option for part or all of this qualification depending on previous experience.
- Perform sheet and plate assembly
- Apply principles of occupational health and safety
- Assemble fabricated components
- Assist in the provision of on the job training
- Interpret technical drawing
- Perform advanced manual thermal cutting, gouging and shaping
- Perform advanced welding using gas metal arc welding process
- Perform advanced welding using manual metal arc welding process
- Perform routine gas tungsten arc welding
- Perform routine manual metal arc welding and oxy acetylene welding
- Perform welds to code standards using gas metal arc welding process
- Weld using flux core, gas metal, gas tungsten and manual metal arc welding process
- Work with others in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment.
Gold Coast - Ashmore
Workplace/TAFE: 4 years
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Real world experience that encourages innovation
I have long been passionate about all things computers. As I have gotten older, my passion within the industry has shifted towards providing security consulting, largely due to the direction and confidence instilled within me when completing my Diploma of IT course. Now that I am at university I continue to stay in contact with my teachers who remain interested and by my side should I need to call upon them for their practical, real world experience.
A qualification with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast will bring you practical and essential skills in your choosen field. Our hands-on training leads to great job outcomes for our students.
Learn more about Trades Courses
Ben from SeaFM visits our Ashmore campus and learns all about our amazing Trades coures.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.