Shaping the next generation
Set the next generation on the path to a positive future through a fulfilling career in early childhood education. In this Diploma you’ll learn how to work with parents to foster the well-being, learning and personal development of their very young children. The specific learning needs of children aged 0-5 will be the focus of your studies and you’ll explore all aspects of early childhood education from health and safety to cultural awareness and holistic development.
This course is nationally recognised and will lead to many exciting career opportunities, allowing participants to work as a professional in the Early Childhood Education profession.
Please note that Diploma level courses, by their nature, involve more learning than lower level courses. Due to this, some people may be better suited to begin, or continue their studies, in the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or a Foundation Skills course, if their literacy and/or numeracy skills are not currently at a level where they would be likely to succeed in a Diploma. Please see the note below regarding Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills for further details.
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
This course involves units which relate to management-level responsibility and so provides an excellent basis for people with responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff in early childhood settings.
- Working within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Developing cultural competence
- Ensuring the health and safety of children
- Providing care for children, babies and toddlers
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Developing positive and respectful relationships with children
- Using an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Establishing and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- Facilitating compliance in an education and care services
- Embedding sustainable practices in service operations
- Identifying and responding to children and young people at risk
- Providing an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Working effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Maintaining work health and safety
- Fostering the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- Nurturing the creativity of children
- Establishing and implementing plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- Implementing strategies for the inclusion of all children
- Promoting children’s agency (i.e. creating environments and learning opportunities that suit children’s interests)
- Analysing information to inform learning
- Designing and implementing curriculum to foster children's learning and development
- Working in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- Building and sustaining an innovative work environment
- Reflection on and improving own professional practice
- Working effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Developing teams and individuals
- Coordinating the work environment
$10000 VET Student Loan available
Gold Coast - Southport
Blended: 18 months
- Full Fee $8,800
- Subsidised $2,906
- Concession $1,643
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Have a positive impact on those around you
Whilst I have always been an empathetic and caring person, I gained a tremendous amount of insight and knowledge from my teachers, that further allowed me to connect on a deeper level with those in need. The confidence I drew from hearing the real world experiences from my teachers and those around me instilled a greater sense of belief within myself; that as an individual I can have a tremendous effect on the people around me. Completing this course and being around such amazing children has made me want to become a better person.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.