Kick start your career as an Electrician
Can’t wait to start your career as an electrician? Our Certificate II in Electrotechnology is the perfect study option for you. Designed as a transition from school to employment, you’ll learn fundamental workplace safety as well as basic skills and knowledge to prepare you for an apprenticeship in an electrotechnology field. Successful completion of the course will give you credits towards a First Year Apprenticeship in the electrical trade.
Students learn and acquire the skills:
- to understand mandatory requirements of occupational health and safety and how they apply to the electrotechnology industry
- in basic fitting and fabrication techniques as they apply in the various utilities industry work functions
- for fixing, securing and mounting techniques as apply in the various electrotechnology work functions
- with the use of drawings, diagrams, cable schedules, standards, codes and specifications as they apply to the various electrotechnology work functions
- in the use of routine tools, equipment and personnel protective equipment required to do work in the energy sector environment
- undertake scheduled routine work activities in the energy sector in an agreed time, to a quality standard and with a minimum of waste
- in sound understanding of identified components, accessories or materials for the electrotechnology industry
- in the use of apparatus manufacturer's instruction material, basic instruction methods and evaluation and completing documentation for the electrotechnology industry
- to develop the basic use of personal computers application relevant to a work function
- to establish employability skills with 80 hours of onsite vocational placement.
Gold Coast - Ashmore
Part time: 18 months / 1 day per week
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning practical skills through hands-on teaching
As a self proclaimed 'hands on' learner, my teachers at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast recognised the importance of providing me with avenues that showcase my desire to be creative with my hands. The practical knowledge and skills I have learnt throughout the course as well as having the qualification from completing a nationally accredited course, will allow me to fulfil my desire to travel the country....making and fixings things!
A qualification with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast will bring you practical and essential skills in your choosen field. Our hands-on training leads to great job outcomes for our students.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.