Learn the world of logos, illustrations and graphic artwork with Illustrator!
If you are interested in learning about the creation and editing of vector artwork such as logos, illustrations and graphic artwork then we recommend you complete this course. Students will start at the beginning and learn the basics of Adobe Illustrator. On completion users will be able to create artwork for commercial use in magazines, business stationery, brochures and posters.
Course content includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Illustrator’s interface - the work area, tools panel, application bar and Illustrator’s preferences
- artwork creation - the use of vector drawings and bitmap images, opening a file, changing the Illustrator artboard and/or page size, zooming in and out, undo and redo, using rulers, guides and grids
- drawing vector art - using the pen tool, drawing shapes, adding or deleting anchor points and an introduction to the pathfinder tool
- object selecting and arranging
- selecting objects, moving and duplicating objects, the align panel and grouping objects
- transforming objects - using the transform panel to transform, scale, rotate, reflect and shear objects long with using warp effects
- using colour in your graphics - using the colour panel, the swatches panel, creating spot colour swatches, using pantone colours, fills and strokes
- layers - the layers panel, locating an item in the layers panel, using template layers to redraw artwork and locking and unlocking objects
- clipping masks, transparency and gradients - creating clipping masks, editing a clipping mask, transparency and gradients
- use of type - adding type, creating area type, creating text along a path, importing text, kerning, tracking and converting text into graphic objects
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Coomera
Part time: 5 sessions / 1 day per week
- Full Fee $310
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
An open learning style that broadens your career horizons
I was really taken by the level of detail and the the number of exciting job opportunities that studying the Diploma of Screen and Media provides. I have long had a passion for script writing, however the example work our teachers provided us with opened my eyes to other areas of interest such as lighting and screenplay. Furthermore, studying alongside like-minded people and the way in which TAFE Gold Coast facilitates a more open style of learning, has broadended my horizons and strengthened my options within the industry.
Multi-million dollar Creative hub
This location is the quintessential home for the creators, innovators, entertainers and movie makers. This $26 million state-of-the-art facility offers the best possible creative learning experience in the region. State-of-the-art technologies such as sound recording and music rehearsal studios, digital video and editing suites and 3D motion capture and production control facilities.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.