Start from the basics with this Microsoft course!
If you want to learn how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook for your job or daily personal use, at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast we have the course for you! Microsoft Office Essentials (Level 1) is designed to assist you in getting familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook 2013.
This course is for those who have never had formal training on how to use Microsoft Office products and need to understand the core functions of Word, Excel and Outlook.
We will take you step-by-step through the essentials of each program. The instructor will demonstrate the exercises and then you will practise these new skills. The instructor will be available the whole time for support and assistance. Furthermore, you will be provided with a comprehensive manual to take home for future reference.
At the end of this course you will have mastered the essentials of:
- Microsoft Word 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- how to navigate around your computer
- loading and saving your work
- how to copy your files to a USB.
The course will cover:
Microsoft Word - 6 hours. In this session you will learn how to:
- get started in Word 2013 by exploring the toolbar and ribbon
- navigate, select and enter text
- use the spelling and grammar check tools
- use basic font formatting techniques
- use basic paragraph formatting techniques
- create bulleted and numbered lists
- insert pictures
- print a document
Microsoft Excel - 6 hours. In this session you will learn how to:
- navigate your way around Microsoft Excel 2013
- create a new workbook
- open and navigate within workbooks and worksheets
- understand cells and ranges in a worksheet
- use filling techniques
- create a simple formula
- print your workbook data
Microsoft Outlook - 3 hours. In this session you will learn how to:
- get started with Outlook
- identify the Outlook screen
- create and send an email
- manage email messages and contacts
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: 5 sessions / 1 night per week
- Full Fee $380
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Complement your work experience with relevant marketing principles
Working full-time, I needed a flexible course that could fit into my busy schedule. I enrolled part-time into TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's Diploma of Marketing which proved to be the perfect balance for my restrictive lifestyle. I gained confidence in knowing that the valuable skills I have learnt in class can now be put into practice within my workplace.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.