Learn the world of InDesign!
This program introduces users to the page layout and design application features of the software. Students will gain a basic understanding of the InDesign Creative Cloud page layout software package and gain knowledge in pre-press print requirements, correct file size and formats, as well as good graphic design elements and principles.
This course starts students at the beginning which will give you a sound understanding of the software used within the graphic design/advertising industry and then moves on to more intermediate functions.
Course content includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- The InDesign interface - now where do I find that!
- The setting of InDesign application preferences - specify how you want InDesign documents and objects to behave
- The creation of documents - page size and number, and the saving of files in the correct format
- Adding text and graphics - styling and importing, preparing images in Photoshop to correct colour modes and file formats
- Drawing paths, lines and shapes - using the pen tool and shape tool
- Creating pages - adding pages, master pages and page numbering
- Using layers - the layers panel, creating layers, hiding, showing and locking
- Working with text - creating text frames, threading frames and special characters
- Formatting text - changing characters, choosing fonts and styles, leading, text wrapping, kerning, paragraph and character styles, drop caps and nested styles
- Colours and gradients - the swatches panel, spot colours and gradients
- Using graphics - importing, linking and image formats
- Preflighting, packaging - preparing files for printing, preflighting a document, resolving errors, packaging files
- Output to PDF - press quality files and PDF output options
- Type composition - advanced kerning, leading, word breaks and tabs
- Bullets and numbering - lists, formatting the styles and list options
- Working with tables - creating a table, inserting rows and columns, applying table cell styles
- Datamerge - extremely useful solution for creating product catalogues, letters, envelopes, business cards, mailing labels, coupons
- Exercise - practical class exercises e.g. leaflets and advertisements
- Resources - useful, professional resources.
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Coomera
Part time: 6 sessions / 1 day per week
- Full Fee $435
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Let's celebrate the creators
I taught myself the basics by trial and error, but I have always had an eye for motion and really enjoyed bringing life to characters.
Multi-million dollar Creative hub
This location is the quintessential home for the creators, innovators, entertainers and movie makers. This $26 million state-of-the-art facility offers the best possible creative learning experience in the region. State-of-the-art technologies such as sound recording and music rehearsal studios, digital video and editing suites and 3D motion capture and production control facilities.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.