Gain computer confidence!
Computing has changed the world more than any other invention over the past one hundred years. Computers and the internet have become a part of everyday life.
Not everyone has had the opportunity to grow up with computers. Introduction to Computers is for those who have very little or no knowledge on how to use a computer or the internet and want to understand and enjoy the benefits they offer.
We will take you step-by-step through the very basics like using a mouse and a keyboard, working with files and folders, searching the internet and sending emails. To help you practise these new skills, a number of exercises will be done in class alongside the instructor. As your confidence grows, you will be able to download from the internet and save information to a removable storage device or USB.
You will also learn how to use office productivity applications:
- Microsoft Word - Word processing is the most common applications software. The great advantage of word processing over using a typewriter is that you can make changes without retyping the entire document. Word processors make it easy to manipulate and format documents.
- Microsoft Excel - A program that allows you to electronically create and manipulate spreadsheets used for mathematical calculations such as accounts, budgets, etc.
Participants are provided with a comprehensive manual to keep and refer to after they have completed the course.
Operate a personal computer
- Prepare to use the personal computer
- Manage computer configurations
- Access and use basic applications
- Shut down the computer
Use digital devices
- Prepare to use the digital device
- Set up and use the digital device
- Access and use basic connectivity devices
- Shut down a digital device
Use, communicate and search securely on the internet
- Connect to and access the internet
- Use email for communications
- Search the internet
- Access and use consumer specific sites on the internet
Operate word-processing applications
- Apply workplace health and safety (WHS) practices
- Create documents
- Customise basic settings to meet page layout conventions
- Format documents
- Create tables
- Add images
- Print documents
Operate spreadsheet applications
- Create spreadsheets
- Customise basic settings
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: 5 sessions / 1 day per week
- Full Fee $290
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Real world experience that encourages innovation
I have long been passionate about all things computers. As I have gotten older, my passion within the industry has shifted towards providing security consulting, largely due to the direction and confidence instilled within me when completing my Diploma of IT course. Now that I am at university I continue to stay in contact with my teachers who remain interested and by my side should I need to call upon them for their practical, real world experience.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.