Would you know what to do in an emergency?
Advance your first aid knowledge or update your current certification with this course. This course will add value to your existing certification/s, giving you the skills to confidently provide assistance in a medical emergency in the workplace or in the community.
This course offers you the skills to recognise an emergency situation, perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in line with current ARC guidelines, provide first aid, operate first aid equipment, and accurately convey incident details to emergency service personnel. Our industry-embedded teachers offer one-on-one guidance to help you succeed in your studies no matter what flexible study option you choose.
Successful completion of this course will give you the confidence to respond in emergency situations while at work or in the community.
The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) recommends updating of First Aid skills every three years and CPR skills every 12 months.
TAFE Queensland has a preferred supplier arrangement with DET (Department of Education and Training). Eligible customers under this arrangement may book into first aid courses under the DET First Aiding preferred supplier pricing.
The courses available are:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTSS00027 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- UETSS00029 Refresher - Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and CPR (Includes HLTAID001; UETTDRRF06B)
Prices vary depending on whether it’s onsite at a TAFE, or if we are delivering at the customer’s premises (lower cost at the customer's site).
To find out more please call (07) 5581 8812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible customers may log into the DET Portal and view all the courses and prices there as well as access booking and enquiry forms.
Eligible customers under this arrangement are:
- Other Queensland departments or agencies
- Queensland Government bodies
- Non-Government organisations
- Other Commonwealth, State or Territory departments, agencies or bodies
- Queensland non-state schools
- Queensland School Parent and Citizen Associations (both state and non-state schools)
- Contractors to the Principal; or other customers that need to access this arrangement in order to meet their obligations under another contract with the Principal or contractor.
Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: 1 day
- Full Fee $140
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Qualify and be acknowledged for your experience within the workplace
I had been working within the health sector for 20 years before I committed to completing my Certificate IV in Mental Health. Currently a trainer with the Salvation Army, I knew the next step for me was to formalise my experience and training by completing the course with my fellow employees. Despite all my years of experience within the field, I was both amazed and humbled by my experience at TAFE Gold Coast. The highly qualified and empathetic nature of my teachers made me better understand how I can manage my clients in a more effective manner.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.