Improve your English and broaden your horizons
This Certificate II will help you build on your basic knowledge of the English language and feel more confident when interacting in the community. You’ll expand on everyday ‘survival English’, how to talk about yourself and your family in English, shopping and banking, reading and writing a short description or story in English, asking for information, giving spoken instructions, having a short conversation in English, along with general reading and writing.
It includes topics such as participating in everyday survival English, talking about yourself and your family in English, shopping and banking, reading and writing a short description or story in English, asking for information, giving spoken instructions, having a short conversation in English, reading and writing. Certificate II also includes the use of DVD, magazines, newspapers, guest speakers, computer language programs, learning English on the Internet and excursions to help you participate in the Australian community.
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- learning strategies to study in formal learning environments
- comprehending and participating in transactional and casual spoken exchanges
- comprehending spoken and written information and instructions
- comprehending and participating in telephone exchanges
- participating in interviews
- completing formatted texts
- comprehending and composing story texts
- comprehending and composing informal texts
- comprehending and composing opinion texts
- comprehending and composing jobseeking texts
- comprehending news texts
- comprehending visual texts
Gold Coast - Coolangatta, Gold Coast - Coomera, Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: up to 36 months
Full time: up to 12 months
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning is a lifelong experience.
Despite gaining experience as a business owner in America for 17 years, I always felt regret in not having completed formal tertiary education when I had left school. Therefore, upon my return to Australia, I enrolled to study at TAFE Gold Coast where I was able to prove to myself that I didn't need to be 18 years old to make a positive change in my life, whilst securing my pathway into an engineering degree at university.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.