Advance your English language skills
This Certificate III will help expand your knowledge of the English language and enhance your comprehension of spoken English. You’ll learn how to negotiate transactions and respond to complex spoken instructions as well as develop language skills necessary for casual conversations and job interviews. Through the use of a range of resources our supportive staff will help you improve your English so you can enjoy greater participation in the Australian community.
This is an intermediate course for the delivery of English language, literacy and numeracy to learners who have developed a basic level of English, literacy or numeracy skills and those who have had some exposure to English.
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- learning strategies to study in formal learning environments
- comprehending and participating in casual spoken exchanges
- comprehending and negotiating complex exchanges
- participating in interviews
- comprehending and conducting presentations
- comprehending and participating in discussions
- composing formal correspondence
- completing formatted texts
- comprehending and composing narrative texts
- comprehending and composing information texts
- comprehending and composing discussions and expositions
- comprehending and composing jobseeking texts
- comprehending news stories and advertisements
- comprehending and composing visual texts
- comprehending and giving complex instructions
- language for jobseeking
Gold Coast - Coolangatta, Gold Coast - Southport
Full time: up to 12 months
Part time: up to 36 months
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning is a lifelong experience.
Despite gaining experience as a business owner in America for 17 years, I always felt regret in not having completed formal tertiary education when I had left school. Therefore, upon my return to Australia, I enrolled to study at TAFE Gold Coast where I was able to prove to myself that I didn't need to be 18 years old to make a positive change in my life, whilst securing my pathway into an engineering degree at university.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.