Advance your English language skills for further study
Focussing on English language skills for a tertiary education environment, our Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English – Further Studies, is designed to help migrants and refugees prepare for study in an Australian tertiary institution. Building on your existing English language skills you’ll learn research, interpretation, note-taking and understanding of Australian academic culture. You’ll also expand on your skills in pronunciation, oral presentations and essay writing.
This is an advanced course for learners who have developed some competence in the English language and literacy skills and who have had a fair degree of formal or informal exposure to English.
This course is intended to provide participants with the following advanced educational outcomes:
- language knowledge
- understanding academic culture
- identifying critical stance in texts
- identifying conventions for referencing other people’s ideas
- reading a variety of texts
- interpreting diagrammatic texts
- interpreting essay questions
- researching, planning and writing essays
- researching, planning and writing reports
- understanding lectures and presentations
- delivering presentations with visual support
- participating in discussions/tutorials
- pronunciation for further studies
Gold Coast - Coolangatta, Gold Coast - Southport
Full time: up to 12 months
Part time: up to 36 months
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning is a lifelong experience.
Despite gaining experience as a business owner in America for 17 years, I always felt regret in not having completed formal tertiary education when I had left school. Therefore, upon my return to Australia, I enrolled to study at TAFE Gold Coast where I was able to prove to myself that I didn't need to be 18 years old to make a positive change in my life, whilst securing my pathway into an engineering degree at university.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.