Learn English for the Australian workplace
Focussing on English language skills for the workplace, our Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English – Employment, is designed to help migrants and refugees secure work in Australia. You’ll learn speaking skills for job interviews, writing skills for job applications, correct pronunciation and how to communicate effectively in an Australian workplace.
Classes are held full-time for 6-12 months and part-time for 12-36 months. Progression is at your own pace.
Depending upon the electives chosen, Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English - Employment provides participants with the following general education outcomes:
- self-monitoring and correcting their own pronunciation
- researching Australian workplaces, industry sectors and jobseeking processes
- participating in a range of spoken texts including jobseeking telephone exchanges, casual conversations, complex negotiations, job interviews, discussions, customer service interactions and presentations
- preparing complex job applications for skilled and/or professional jobs, including résumés, cover letters and application forms
- comprehending and/or composing and/or responding to a range of written texts including formal workplace and jobseeking correspondence and reports
- applying interpersonal skills to initiate and respond to interactions in work and jobseeking contexts
- initiating and participating in more complex interactions including job interviews and workplace negotiations and discussions
- developing and utilising an expanded range of specialist and technical vocabulary reflecting their areas of training and expertise
Gold Coast - Coolangatta, Gold Coast - Southport
Full time: up to 12 months
Part time: up to 36 months
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning is a lifelong experience.
Despite gaining experience as a business owner in America for 17 years, I always felt regret in not having completed formal tertiary education when I had left school. Therefore, upon my return to Australia, I enrolled to study at TAFE Gold Coast where I was able to prove to myself that I didn't need to be 18 years old to make a positive change in my life, whilst securing my pathway into an engineering degree at university.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.