Discover the intricate work of Silversmithing!
This course will introduce students to some core Silversmithing techniques. These will include sawing, saw piercing, drilling, filing, sanding, polishing and basic stone setting. Participants will be encouraged to create a pair of drop earrings, bracelet and a pendant and students can take their creations home. A basic design outline will be provided but students are welcome to develop their unique designs using the newly learned techniques.
View some of Renata's fantastic work here: http://renatafojtikova.blogspot.com.au/
Topics covered in this course include:
- Basic health and safety training and basic skills acquisition
- Demonstrations: sawing, drilling, filing, sanding
- Exercise: Students will be working on acquisition of sawing skills, learning how to cut and finish straight lines, curves and corners
- A drop earring construction
- Demonstrations: a basic earring hook, saw piercing, jump ring making and an earring assembly
- Exercise: Following a design outline students will create a pair of drop earrings
- A bracelet construction
- Demonstrations: creating designer chain links, drilling delicate components, cold joining chain links, clasp construction
- Exercise: Students will work on the components for the bracelet and complete assembly
- Basics of stone setting and pendant construction
- Demonstrations: Tab stone setting, pendant hanging systems
- Exercise: Students will work on their pendant and complete assembly
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Ashmore, Gold Coast - Coomera
Part time: 3 sessions / 1 day per week, 6 sessions / 1 night per week
- Full Fee $410
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Learning practical skills through hands-on teaching
As a self proclaimed 'hands on' learner, my teachers at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast recognised the importance of providing me with avenues that showcase my desire to be creative with my hands. The practical knowledge and skills I have learnt throughout the course as well as having the qualification from completing a nationally accredited course, will allow me to fulfil my desire to travel the country....making and fixings things!
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.