Feel like something is missing in your life?
Have you ever thought about entering the world of volunteering? Now’s your chance! Enrol in this volunteering course to learn how you can make a difference! Explore the wide range of options from sports involvement to environmental work.
Topics to be covered include:
- What is volunteering?
- Definition and principles of volunteering
- Types of volunteering jobs
- Benefits of volunteering
- What makes a good volunteer
- Explore options:
- What matches personality, skills, values
- Suitable organisation - what you need to look for
- Suitable timeframe - continuous timeframe or individual events
- Volunteer rights and responsibilities:
- Occupational health and safety requirements
- Employment conditions and management support
- Legal requirements including confidentiality
- Issues to be considered:
- Dealing with difficult people
- Cultural awareness
- How to get a volunteering job:
- Job preparation
- Organisation contacts
Depending upon availability, volunteering tasters/guest speakers will be planned.
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: 4 weeks / 1 night per week
- Full Fee $130
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Set yourself on the fast track to success
Sue is shaping up to be the Gold Coast's next big thing in fashion after she won the ‘Outstanding Use Of Material' category at the 2013 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival in Brisbane. Continuing on from that success, Sue was also part of the duo who designed the Gold Coast light rail's staff uniform, now worn by drivers, line officers as well as maintenance and operational workers.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.