There are no entry requirements outlined in the Training Package however TAFE Queensland Gold Coast requires the following entry requirements to be met:
- Sound literacy, numeracy and computer skills equivalent to Year 10
- Participate in the required hours of vocational placement and hold the necessary mandatory documentation (see Placement below)
- Students who hold a HLTAID003 First Aid Certificate can apply for a credit transfer. Please produce the original documents upon enrolment.
- To access Higher Level Skills funding for this course the prospective student must meet all subsidy eligibility.
- Further funding incentives apply to this course. Please speak with a Customer Service Consultant on (07) 5581 8300 to check your eligibility.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): For RPL enquiries please contact the RPL Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following additional resources are to be purchased by the student:
- Students are required to purchase a uniform shirt (with TAFE health logo) directly from our supplier Gold Coast Uniforms, 55 Nerang Street, Southport ph: 5591 5199. Hours: Monday-Thursday 9.00am-6.00pm and Friday 9.00am-5.00pm. Cost $35.00 (Prices are correct at time of printing and are subject to change).
- Long navy blue pants and black enclosed shoes.
- Classes are conducted over 9 months. This includes delivery of online content.
- A weekly tutorial will be held on Mondays from 5.00pm-7.00pm at Southport. The fiirst tutorial will be held on Monday 5 February 2018.
- A mandatory Residential School will be held from Tuesday 4 September - Thursday 6 September 2018 from 8.00am-5.00pm at Southport, Level 2, Room 217 (Nursing Labs).
- A First Aid class is held on Monday 3 September 2018 from 8.00am-5.00pm at Southport.
- 120 hours of vocational placement will be held full-time over three weeks.
The vocational placement requirement for this program is 120 hours.
Students must be available to undertake placement in the Gold Coast, Tweed and Brisbane Metropolitan areas.
All students are responsible for:
- organising their own transport to and from study and vocational placement as well as any domestic arrangements
- organising leave with their employer (if applicable)
- planning financially for their unpaid vocational placement
- completing online study as per their timetable whilst on placement
TAFE sources and coordinates vocational placement on the students’ behalf. TAFE's Vocational Placement Team will work in collaboration with students and facilities to coordinate vocational placement activity, and students will be provided with due notice for shift work.
With prior TAFE approval, vocational placement may be arranged in a student’s current workplace. Students will need to speak with the Vocational Placement Team immediately after enrolment to confirm these details.
Condition of Enrolment - privacy
Student details are provided to Health Care and Community Service organisations for the purposes of vocational placement. 120 hours of vocational placement is a core element of this program and therefore it is a condition of enrolment that you consent to the release of your information accordingly.
Please note: The Health Industry dictates that TAFE Queensland Gold Coast must ensure that all students going on placement in health care facilities hold the following documentation. Students are not eligible to attend mandatory vocational placement assessment without these documents. There will be a strict timeframe for students to provide the necessary placement requirements. Not attending vocational placement assessment will delay course progression.
1. Current First Aid including CPR
If you have a current Australian First Aid Certificate with current CPR, forward a JP certified copy of your Statement of Attainment with your enrolment paperwork. The CPR component will need to be updated annually and it is the student’s responsibility to ensure they provide evidence of currency to TAFE Queensland Gold Coast. If you DO NOT have a current Australian First Aid Certificate, this certificate is delivered as part of this course.
2. Working with Children Check
Queensland students - The Working with Children Check (Blue Card Application) must be completed in person for Queensland students who live less than 50 km from TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, Southport Campus. Information can be viewed at http://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au All original identification documents need to be sighted and students are requested to bring these documents with them for submission of their application. If a student resides more than 50 km from TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, the ‘Confirmation of identity’ form must be submitted with the Blue Card application. Students may submit this by email or in person.
Interstate students - must refer to their state websites for further information on how to apply for a Working with Children Check.
3. Australian Federal Police Check (AFP)
Potential students are advised to contact the Vocational Placement Coordinator should they have any notification or criminal history as this may impact on their acceptance by facilities for placement assessment and therefore affect course outcomes. Students must be able to provide an original Australian Federal Police check on request of a facility at any time. Please refer to the Australian Federal Police website to download the application form at http://www.afp.gov.au. Approximate cost $45.00 (N.B: The certificate MUST be issued by the Australian Federal Police. All other types of police checks will not be accepted.) Your current AFP documentation must be no older than 3 months prior to the start of study.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their documentation remains current throughout their studies.
- Any costs associated in acquiring the above documents are in addition to course costs and will be borne by the student.
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast strongly recommends that prior to enrolment students consider their eligibility to obtain the above documentation.