This course gives the beginner a comprehensive overview of a career in interior design, from simple styling to Interior Design and Technology. You will learn the basics from our interior design teacher with many years of experience in the industry who has been teaching students of various levels. The exercises are simple and enjoyable, the information helpful and informative, and we create a relaxed, fun atmosphere.
This may help you decide if the career is for you and if so, which area you fancy and which path you should take. It suits any student wanting a taste tester of the field before enrolling in full-time studies.
We hope you’ll join us on our journey!
- Overview - career options
- Your taste - produce two collages - colour and style
- Basic measuring - measuring exercise and practice at home
- Presentation overview - PowerPoint and PDF
- Basic drawing/sketching techniques
- Space planning
- 3D - various types
- Design development
- Formal and presentation drawings
- Basic materials, water colour pencils, markers
- Styles - timelines, history
- Jargon - design principles and elements
- Energy efficiency and sustainability - passive energy efficiency
- Construction - materials, load-bearing walls, structural integrity, schedules
- Client brief - contracts
- Presentation techniques - presentation types
- Boards - mood, concept, sample
- Colour - pp colour/wheel/fans/psychology/warm-cool
- Design a space - complete your own scheme, 1:50 apartment
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Coomera
Part time: 6 sessions / 1 day per week
- Full Fee $310
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Set yourself on the fast track to success
Sue is shaping up to be the Gold Coast's next big thing in fashion after she won the ‘Outstanding Use Of Material' category at the 2013 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival in Brisbane. Continuing on from that success, Sue was also part of the duo who designed the Gold Coast light rail's staff uniform, now worn by drivers, line officers as well as maintenance and operational workers.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.