Start your career in the justice system
The Certificate IV in Crime and Justice Studies is designed by justice professionals for people who would like to achieve employment in the criminal justice system and wish to develop a deeper understanding of the justice system.
This course aims to provide you with a broad understanding of the justice system and develop the personal skills and knowledge which underpin employment in the justice system.
Learn to identify and apply the legal framework, communicate with clients on justice-related issues, prepare court documentation, analyse social justice issues, gather information through interviews, and analyse and present research information. Gain the skills to seek pre-selection into the Queensland Police Service or work in a range of justice-related occupations.
The course provides learners with the specialist skills and knowledge required to perform the following duties and functions:
- Interpret and apply Acts, Rules and Regulations to provide para-professional support and advice on justice related issues.
- Prepare accurate legal and justice related documentation and communication using methods and protocols appropriate to the justice sector and the context.
- Interpret and apply legislation to provide support and advice on justice related issues.
- Conduct research and undertake complex investigations.
- Gather and preserve evidence.
- Work effectively in the crime and justice sector and within the legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Prepare accurate documentation and communication using methods and protocols appropriate to the justice sector and the context.
- Identify and apply the principles of law enforcement and the principles of natural justice.
- Identify and explain social justice issues and the impact of these on crime and justice related matters.
- Conduct research from primary and secondary sources to gather the evidence and information necessary to complete justice related tasks.
Gold Coast - Southport
Full time: 6 months / 2 days per week
- Full Fee $4,500
- Subsidised $3,395
- Concession $3,063
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Complement your work experience with relevant marketing principles
Working full-time, I needed a flexible course that could fit into my busy schedule. I enrolled part-time into TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's Diploma of Marketing which proved to be the perfect balance for my restrictive lifestyle. I gained confidence in knowing that the valuable skills I have learnt in class can now be put into practice within my workplace.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.