Plan for success in your small business venture
Recognition of Prior Learning or ‘RPL’ is a process where the applicant's experience, formal and informal learning is recognised and mapped to a nationally recognised qualification. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast offers RPL options to successful applicants based on their prior experience. The RPL process does not require study, class work or assignments, but does require the applicant to provide ‘evidence’ which can be obtained from your current or recent employment.
RPL is recognition of work experience and previous studies which aren’t direct credit transfers - with specific criteria for eligibility:
- Does your work experience relate to the qualification and is it current (current meaning in the past 2 years)?
- Have you worked in that relevant industry for a minimum of 2 years consistently?
- Do you have a previous employer or supervisor to complete the Third Party Report and verify the evidence you have provided in an interview with the Assessor?
Applicants wanting experience recognised must demonstrate their industry knowledge and skills in four (4) ways:
- Respond to questions relating to each unit of competency and aligning it to your current/previous job role.
- Demonstration of skills in the workplace, documentation, professional conversation and/or simulated environments.
- Provide documentary evidence to back up the claim of competence (e.g. documents of processes, procedures or other documents created and used in the workplace).
- Third party reports or references from supervisors or managers to endorse the skills in that position.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please complete the online self-appraisal tool, a great guide to see if RPL is suitable. The self-appraisal will automatically be emailed through to the RPL Coordinator.
Credit Transfer is available to all applicants who have completed the units through other programs or RTO's, or where previously completed units are deemed equivalent in the Training Package Credit Arrangements. Credit Transfers are a fee free administrative process identified with the RPL Coordinator or your assessor during the initial RPL conversation, and will be identified on the RPL Individual Training and Assessment Plan. You must provide certified copies of transcripts and awards.
Gold Coast - Southport
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Complement your work experience with relevant marketing principles
Working full-time, I needed a flexible course that could fit into my busy schedule. I enrolled part-time into TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's Diploma of Marketing which proved to be the perfect balance for my restrictive lifestyle. I gained confidence in knowing that the valuable skills I have learnt in class can now be put into practice within my workplace.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.