Obtain Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
Responsible practices must be undertaken wherever alcohol is served or sold, including where alcohol samples are served during on-site product tastings. This unit, therefore, applies to any workplace where alcohol is served or sold, including all types of hospitality venues, retail liquor outlets, wineries, breweries and distilleries.
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly according to state legislation
- Identify issues related to the sale and service of alcohol
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Standard drinks – beer, wine, spirits
- Monitor emotional and physical state of customers
- Assess alcohol affected customers
- Identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Acceptable proof of age
- Appropriate communication and conflict resolution
- Identify situations which pose a risk
Queensland Liquor Licensing laws require all service staff to gain competency in this unit.
The Queensland Government Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation have advised that your resulting Statement of Attainment is valid for life (unless there are changes to legislation in the future). Course details
Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: 4 hours
- Full Fee $80
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Flexible and innovative study options
From a young age I wanted to follow a career path that would bring out the best in my creative self. Having multiple career paths to choose from whilst studying in a flexible learning environment was crucial in my decision to select TAFE Queensland Gold Coast as my preferred and only education provider.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.