For RPL enquiries please email the RPL Coordinator at email@example.com.
The following resources may need to be purchased by the student:
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast uniform shirt for practical classes and vocational placement (approximate cost $35.00).
- Long navy blue or black pants, and enclosed black shoes for practical classes and vocational placement.
If you are required to complete vocational placement please note the following:
The vocational placement required will be decided by your RPL application.
In accordance with industry expectation and availability of places, students must be available to:
- travel up to 45 minutes to attend vocational placement;
- participate in a variety of shifts including morning and afternoon (*morning shifts may start as early as 6.00am and afternoon shifts may finish as late as 11.00pm).
Students are responsible for:
- organising their own transport to and from the facilities
- organising leave with their employer (if applicable)
- planning financially for their unpaid vocational placement period
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast sources and coordinates vocational placement on the students’ behalf. Our Vocational Placement Team will work in collaboration with students and facilities to coordinate vocational placement activity, and students will be provided with due notice for shift work.
With prior TAFE Queensland Gold Coast approval, vocational placement may be arranged in a student’s current workplace. Students will need to speak with a member of the Vocational Placement team immediately after enrolment to confirm these details.
Condition of Enrolment - privacy
Student details are provided to Health Care and Community Service organisations for the purposes of vocational placement. A minimum of 120 hours of vocational placement is a core element of this program and therefore it is a condition of enrolment that you consent to the release of your information accordingly.
Please note: The Health Industry dictates that TAFE Queensland Gold Coast must ensure that all students going on placement in health care facilities hold the following documentation. Students are not eligible to attend mandatory vocational placement assessment without these documents. There will be a strict timeframe for students to provide the necessary placement requirements. Not attending vocational placement assessment will delay course progression.
1. Working with Children Check
Queensland students - The Working with Children Check (Blue Card Application) must be completed in person for Queensland students who live less than 50 km from TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, Southport Campus. Information can be viewed at http://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au All original identification documents need to be sighted and students are requested to bring these documents with them for submission of their application. If a student resides more than 50 km from TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, the ‘Confirmation of identity’ form must be submitted with the Blue Card application. Students may submit this by email or in person.
Interstate students - must refer to their state websites for further information on how to apply for a Working with Children Check.
Hepatitis B vaccination, commencement of vaccination or blood test results showing immunity.
3. Australian Federal Police Check (AFP)
Potential students are advised to contact the Vocational Placement Coordinator should they have any notification or criminal history as this may impact on their acceptance by facilities for placement assessment and therefore affect course outcomes. Students must be able to provide an original Australian Federal Police check on request of a facility at any time. Please refer to the Australian Federal Police website to download the application form at http://www.afp.gov.au. Approximate cost $45.00 (N.B: The certificate MUST be issued by the Australian Federal Police. All other types of police checks will not be accepted.) Your current AFP documentation must be no older than 3 months prior to the start of study.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their documentation remains current throughout their studies.
- Any costs associated in acquiring the above documents are in addition to course costs and will be borne by the student.
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast strongly recommends that prior to enrolment students consider their eligibility to obtain the above documentation.
Assessment methods and tools include: oral tasks (role plays and case studies), written tasks (online quizzes and short answer question sheets), group work (presentations, oral and written), simulated and workplace performance, and practical demonstration of skills.