Build a brand and maintain market share
It is a known fact that no business can survive unless it has customers. The question is however, how do your potential customers know about your business and what gives you a competitive edge over your competition? The answer is marketing - and the first step is understanding that marketing is much more than merely advertising.
This course introduces the main concepts of marketing to small business operators. Learn how you can find and reach your real customers, and how you can gain a competitive edge over the competition. The knowledge and skills you gain will be invaluable and could save you from costly mistakes that result from using the incorrect advertising medium or not doing enough research. Participants will also acquire the skills and knowledge to plan, implement and manage basic marketing and promotional activities including additional understanding of online promotion.
As this course is designed for both business owners and those in a position of building brand awareness it is also recommended as a professional development course. It can also be done in conjunction with other courses online including the Online Promotion and Social Media Strategies for Small Business course.
Throughout the course the following topics will be discussed:
The Concept of Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing and Business Strategy
- Values, Mission and Vision
- How these determine your marketing activities
- Importance of Business Analysis
- Internal Analysis – SWOT
- External Analysis – CPEST
- Understanding the Marketing Mix
Research, Segmentation and Targeting
- Appreciate the importance of research as a marketing function
- Primary Information
- Secondary Information
- Understanding the core market segments
- Using segmentation to identify your target market
- Basic Profiling
- Understanding the importance of behavioural drivers
- Introduction to Promotion
- Importance of Branding
Promotion and the Marketing Plan
- Understanding the promotional opportunities
- How to write an advertisement
- The Logo and the one liner
- The copy and call to action
- Learn how to use Excel to determine advertising effectiveness
- The importance aspects of a Marketing Plan
- Build your Marketing Plan
This short course is non-accredited therefore is not registered with the National Training Register. Course details
Gold Coast - Southport
Part time: 3 sessions / 1 night per week
- Full Fee $165
07 5581 8300
No matter your question,
we are here to help!
Complement your work experience with relevant marketing principles
Working full-time, I needed a flexible course that could fit into my busy schedule. I enrolled part-time into TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's Diploma of Marketing which proved to be the perfect balance for my restrictive lifestyle. I gained confidence in knowing that the valuable skills I have learnt in class can now be put into practice within my workplace.
A thank you to all our amazing students. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast.