Choose your course
There's lots of ways you can find the course to get the job that's right for you.
- I know what I want to study - use our course search
- I know the industry I am interested in - browse our study areas
- I don't know what to study - try TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's myProfiler and we'll suggest some of the courses that may be suited to you.
Check the course entry requirements
Some courses don't have any entry requirements but some courses may require previous qualifications, skills or knowledge. You can find this in the detailed course information on this website listing for each course.
Read important information
Ready to Enrol?
Get your application paperwork and documents ready (we can't enrol you without them!)
- Bring your identification documents (at least one photo ID) - Passport, Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Birth Certificate, 18+ Card, etc..
- Bring evidence of your current address - Driver's Licence, Utility bill, lease agreement, etc..
- Bring original documents as supporting evidence for any course entry requirement - Year 12 certificate, previous qualifications, updated and detailed resume, etc...
- Bring original documents to apply for any subsidy or loan you want to access to assist in paying for your course - valid Centrelink Concession Card, employer letters, payslips, residency status, citizenship status, etc...
- Complete and sign the New Student Details Form
- Create or locate your Unique Student Identifier (USI). You can apply for this online www.usi.gov.au.
Organise your payment (payment is required to process and confirm enrolments)
- We accept all major credit cards, visa debit and EFTPOs cards over the phone or at the Customer Service Centres. Cash transactions are available at our Southport campus only.
- Do you need a Payment Plan? These are available to approved applicants for courses over $500.00. You will be required to pay a 25% deposit of your course fee when you enrol/ lodge your forms and pay the remainder via Direct Debit. If you are currently unemployed or under 18 you will be required to nominate a Guarantor for your payment plan. Please complete the Payment Plan Application.
- Are you applying for the VET Student Loan? You can apply online after enrolment. Fee Schedules and Census dates are available for each course on our website. At enrolment you need to verify your eligibility for the loan:
- Advise you have an Australian Tax File Number (TFN)
- Provide 'Proof of Citizenship': Australian Passport, Citizenship Certificate, Permanent Humanitarian Visa or Australian Birth Certificate (Birth Certificate must be prior to 20 August 1986 or show that one/both parents as born in Australia)
- Provide suitability to study evidence:
- Year 12 High School Certificate issued by a State Agency or Authority (Education Department). Do you need a copy of your Australian Secondary School Certificate? Here are some handy links if you cannot find your original: QLD issued certificates or other Australia states. or
- Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Certificate 4 qualification or above issued in Australia, or
- Take the Basic Key Skills Builder (BKSB) literacy and numeracy test prior to enrolment, and achieve a Level 4 or higher in both English and Maths.
- Is someone else paying for your course? If your job network or employer is paying for your course, we will need a 'Purchase Order' on Company letterhead to apply a Third Party Payment on your enrolment.
Submit your application
- Email: your scanned forms, certified identification and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org then call us on 07 55 818 300 to process the payment over the phone with a Credit Card.
- Post: your completed forms, certified copies of your documentation (no originals) to Customer Service Centre, TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, PO Box 5547, GCMC QLD 9726
- Visit: you can bring your application at any of our Customer Service Centres at Ashmore, Coomera or Southport locations during each location's office hours.