Working age Queenslanders are now entitled to government funding to complete their first Certificate III qualification. The entitlement is for one (1) Government subsidised training place in a funded Certificate III qualification with a pre-qualified preferred training supplier. It is important that potential students consider their training options before committing to a course which will use up their once-only one-off entitlement.
The Queensland Government will fund 60% to 80% of course costs for more than 300 different Certificate III courses offered at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast. The amount of subsidy provided will depend upon the course chosen. Students who hold a health care or pensioner concession card will receive a higher subsidy. The remainder of the course cost must be met by the student.
To help students who may need to develop skills before undertaking a Certificate III course, Government subsidised funding will also be offered in language, literacy and numeracy programs as well as Certificate I and II qualifications that lead to a Certificate III outcome.
To be eligible for a Certificate 3 Guarantee a student must:
- Not hold or be currently undertaking a certificate III or higher level qualification (this does not include Certificate III qualifications undertaken at secondary school, foundation skills training or Certificate III qualifications completed before 1996)
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Not completed or discontinued training in a Certificate I or II in the last 3 months (this does not include Certificate I or II qualifications undertaken at secondary school or as foundation skills training)
- Have finished secondary school or are no longer at school
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant) or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Must agree to complete an employment survey within three (3) months of completing or discontinuing subsidised training
- Not be enrolled with a Registered Training Organisation on a 'Deferred' status
- Not have previously completed the below Skill Sets under the Higher Level Skills subsidy:
Basic Open Cabler Registration Skill Set
Civil Works - Installation of Pit and Pipe and FDH Skill Set
National Broadband Network Advanced Linesworker/Installer Skill Set
National Broadband Network Splicer Skill Set
Case management skill set
Chronic disease self management skill set
Management skill set - to promote and establish a mental health peer workforce
Medication assistance skill set
Chronic Condition Self-management for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait
Mentoring and Supervision
Farm Business Management Skill Set
Service for International Visitors
To check your eligibility for government subsidised training in Queensland visit the Queensland Skills Gateway website.