Eligibility for VET FEE-HELP
You are eligible for VET FEE-HELP if you:
- are an Australian citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of your unit/s of study)
- are a New Zealand citizen who:
- holds a Special Category Visa
- first entered Australia as a minor under 18 years of age
- has lived in Australia for eight of the last 10 years
- has lived in Australia for at least 18 months in the last two years.
You must also:
- prove that you are academically able to complete the course by producing your Year 12 certificate or completing our Basic Key Skills Builder or similar program
- not have exceeded your FEE-HELP limit
- be a full fee-paying (fee-for-service) student, or a student subsidised by the Queensland Government
- be enrolled in an approved diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course or a specific certificate IV qualification
- be enrolled by the census date for an approved unit
- submit a valid Request for VET FEE-HELP loan form on or before your census date
- have a Tax File Number or a Certificate of Application for a Tax File Number.