Help meet the needs of Australia's ageing population
There is the increasing demand for qualified Aged Care workers to meet the needs of Australia's ageing population. Why not launch your career in Aged Care by enrolling in one of TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's nationally accredited courses and qualifications.
Working in the Aged Care industry is both rewarding and stable, and allows you to directly impact on other people's lives. You will develop knowledge, skills and values that promote quality care, and have the opportunity to work as a personal carer within the community and in residential aged care facilities.
View Aged Care & Direct Care courses
What career opportunities are available:
Queensland - like the rest of Australia - has an increasing need for qualified aged care workers. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast Aged Care graduates are employed in the following roles:
- Community care worker
- Personal care worker
- Home care worker
- Support worker
- Diversional therapist
- Care supervisor
- Program coordinator
Graduates in Aged Care studies can also move into the following professions:
- Enrolled Nursing
- Home and Community Care Worker
- Community Development Worker
- Indigenous / Youth Worker
- Recreational Youth Activities Worker
- Youth Alcohol & Other Drugs Worker
- Family Resource Officer
- Family Service Worker
- Youth Case Worker
- Housing Support Worker
- Personal Carer
Major Industry Employers:
- Queensland Health
- McKenzie Aged Care Group
- Uniting Care Ageing
- Home and Community Care
Great reasons to study aged care with TAFE Queensland Gold
- Student Satisfaction. Our students report 92% Student Satisfaction with teaching - 2015 Student Survey.
- Learn from some of South East Queensland's best Aged Care professionals.
- Develop comprehensive and hands-on skills to make you industry ready.
- Choose from a wide range of Aged Care courses that meet the local community's needs and requirements.
Did you know?
- Aged care is one of Australia's fastest growing employment sectors.