Work out and work - all at once
Turn your love of sport and fitness into a career. Work in an industry that provides flexible hours, the opportunity to work for yourself and the choice to work inside or outside with individuals or groups.
People are becoming more aware of the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle, and are getting involved in sport, fitness and recreation activities. This awareness translates into an increasing number of employment opportunities becoming available.
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast fitness courses provide the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. This includes working collaboratively with medical and allied health professionals and in a broad range of settings, such as fitness facilities, aquatic centres, community facilities and in open spaces.
View Fitness courses
What career opportunities are available:
Career opportunities available for students studying Fitness at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast include:
- Personal trainer
- Gym and health centre management
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Weight management consultant
- Recreational activities officer
- Community and government activities consultant
- Sporting club coach
- Workplace health/exercise prescription consultant
- Exercise rehabilitation
Major Industry Employers:
- Fitness First
- Fitness Australia
- Corporate Wellness Australia
Five reasons to study business with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- Train alongside some of South East Queensland's best fitness professionals.
- Develop comprehensive and hands-on skills to make you industry ready.
- Choose from a wide range of fitness courses that meet the local community's needs and requirements.
- Put your TAFE Queensland Gold Coast credits towards studying a Bachelor in Exercise Science at university.
Did you know?
- Between 10,000 and 25,000 job vacancies are expected to become available over the next five years in Australia for Fitness Instructors.
- By 2020, more than 7 million Australians are expected to use gyms or personal trainers. That is 1 in 4 Aussies.
- There are approximately 30,000 exercise professionals, who include personal trainers and group fitness instructors
I've done it!
"It's a really great environment to be in, we have fun doing both theory and the practical side of things so why not take a chance and go and study at TAFE especially on the Gold Coast â there's no better place that I'd rather be and I really recommend it."
Certificate III in Fitness