You make the world beautiful
Gain hands-on and theoretical skills that will enhance your natural ability to care and nurture the inner and outer beauty of clients.
By studying with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast you will gain practical skills in a range of beauty services including makeup artistry, skin care, manicure and pedicure, lash and brow treatments, ear piercing, client service and selling beauty products, from a respected and nationally recognised training provider. Product knowledge is essential and as such TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's courses provide you with the opportunity to work with leading brands.
The beauty industry is a growing employment sector with ample career opportunities for you to pursue. The world is your oyster with a Diploma or Certificate in Beauty Therapy as it opens the door to fashion, health, retail, the creative arts, tourism, and so much more. Our teachers work with each student to ensure their smooth transition into employment. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's teachers are an inspiring team bringing a wealth of global industry experience and knowledge to the classroom.
View Beauty courses
What career opportunities are available:
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast Beauty graduates are employed in the following roles:
- Hair or Beauty Salon Manager
- Beauty Therapist
- Beauty Consultant
- Massage Therapist
- Make Up Artist
Major industry employers
- Estee Lauder
- Ella Bache
- David Jones
Five reasons to study Beauty with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast is one of the only training organisations in the State to offer international accreditation to Diploma of Beauty Therapy students.
- By the time you graduate you will have worked with real clients in a real-world setting, making you highly competitive and experienced in the job market.
- Because we will provide you with a life changing experience destined to kick start your career.
- You will develop skills in a full range of beauty services including skin care, makeup artistry.
- You will learn from top experts and managers, and be inspired by their passion for the industry.
- You will gain relevant knowledge and real experience to become an owner of your own salon.
Did you know
- Queenslanders spend 89c per week on perfume as compared to 20c in Tasmania.
- Australians spent $6.99 billion in 2011-12 on their personal appearance.
- Botox was the most requested procedure in 91 per cent of Australian clinics, with Australians outlaying a greater per capita spend on the procedure than in any other country.
- Women spend an average of $15,000 on makeup in their lifetimes.