You make the people beautiful
The hair industry is about helping people look good, feel good and to achieve a healthy balanced lifestyle. The industry is constantly evolving according to fashion trends and development of new products, techniques and technology.
The hairdressing industry is extremely stable and has experienced slight growth almost every year for the past 10 years and continual growth is forecasted. The industry is experiencing a skills shortage across Australia, with many employers finding it difficult to recruit suitable applicants to fill available positions.
View Hairdressing courses
What career opportunities are available:
Career opportunities available for students studying hairdressing at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast include:
- Salon Hairdresser
- Hairdresser for film, television, theatre or magazine
- Salon owner
- Salon Assistant
- Beauty Assistant
- Retail Consultant
- Apprentice Hairdresser
Five reasons to study Hairdressing with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- With a Hairdressing course at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast you will discover the basic realities of life in a salon.
- You'll learn how to provide full reception services, including receiving clients and answering the telephone, and how to prepare clients for a range of salon services.
- You'll discover how to coordinate tasks for effective self and time management.
- You will develop skills in braiding and drying hair, massage, and communication.
- The courses also encompass retailing, industry knowledge, and working as a productive valuable member in a salon.
Did you know
- Female hair grows more slowly than male hair
- It's not true that baldness is inherited from your mother. It can come from either side of the family.
- Joan of Arc cut off her long hair when she went into battle so her soldiers would regard her as an equal.
- A study of 2000 women in the UK revealed that females will change their haircut or colour 150 times in their lifetime.
I've done it!
"My experience studying at TAFE is that it is quite busy and fun and the teachers really are good and they make you want to learn. I've really enjoyed studying at TAFE, I'm a single Mum, I've met new people and it's a good environment to be in."
Certificate II in Hairdressing