Get down to business with your business qualifications
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast offers a range of courses and short courses to give you the skills you need to succeed in business.
A career in business is often suited to those with discipline, organisation and meticulous execution.
Due to the large size of the workforce many job vacancies exist for most major business related occupations. Occupations with strong job prospects include human resources, advertising, marketing and administration staff.
A career in business provides you with many transferable skills that can be applied across all industries.
View Business courses
What career opportunities are available:
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast business graduates are employed in the following roles:
- Small Business Owner
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Administration Officer
- Personal Assistant
- Marketing Co-ordinator / Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Manager
Five reasons to study business with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- In the Diploma of Business you can choose electives in management, marketing or human resources.
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast works closely with businesses to provide industry relevant training.
- You will gain skills and knowledge from some of South East Queensland's best business professionals who work with TAFE Gold Coast
- With TAFE Queensland Gold Coast you can have your existing skills recognised, build strong career pathways and develop recognised qualifications in business.
- Business courses at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast are designed to meet your individual needs so you can achieve a successful career.
Did you know
- Pharmaceutical companies spend twice as much on marketing and advertising as they do on research. Twenty-four percent of sales dollars go toward promotion, while 12 percent go toward research.
- The most expensive commercial in history was Nicole Kidman in the 2003 Chanel ad which cost $33 million.
- Mobile video is the fastest growth area in marketing.
- One out of every seven minutes online is spent surfing, commenting, sharing, and liking posts, pictures, and videos uploaded to Facebook.
- Every day one million Twitter accounts are created and 240 million Tweets are posted. In 2012, Twitter reported making more than $250 million in advertising revenue.
- The average child recognises over 200 company logos by the time he or she enters first grade
I've done it!
"The teachers are fantastic, they are really helpful and genuinely care. The staff have been really helpful especially in the student support services. They've helped me understand my strengths and weaknesses, and my learning style which I think is very important. People need to know their learning styles so that they're comfortable knowing that everybody does learn in different ways. TAFE accommodates all of those different learning styles. The people at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast are great, very diverse, a lot of young people but there's also a lot of older people like myself and it really has given me a well-rounded view of people in the workplace. This course has given me so much knowledge about the business environment and statistics and research, and money and all aspects of business. I've really, really enjoyed it, and I've made a lot of networks and I can read a lot of business terminology now which I couldn't do before. I would definitely recommend TAFE. Don't be afraid to try because you really will learn new things."
Diploma of Business