Community Services and Counselling
Supporting and promoting the wellbeing of communities
Community Services professionals perform an extremely important role, working on the frontline to promote the safety and wellbeing of adults, children and young people so as to build strong families and communities.
If you are a natural carer and helper, who is a strong communicator and listener a career in the Community Services may be for you.
The industry is one of the fastest growing areas for employment and this growth is forecasted to continue at even higher levels over the coming years.
There is a high probability that you will be working in your field of study within just 12 weeks from graduating. Just like 86% of our graduates last year who were employed within 3 months of graduating. (Gold Coast TAFE Destination Survey.)
What career opportunities are available:
Graduates in Community service courses at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast are employed in the following roles:
- Social Welfare Worker
- Case Coordinator
- Community Service Worker
- Family Service Worker
- Community Service Officer
- Early Intervention Coordinator
- Support Facilitator
- Client Services Assessor
Major Industry Employers:
- Queensland Government
- Red Cross
- Mission Australia
Why study community services with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- Learn from some of South East Queensland's best community service professionals.
- Develop comprehensive theoretical knowledge and hands-on skills to make you industry ready.
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast works with your life and work commitments and offers the flexibility to study online.
Did you know?
- Community Services is one of the fastest growing areas for employment and this strong growth trend is forecasted to continue.
I've done it!
"TAFE Queensland Gold Coast was pretty flexible and I really found the teachers to be really helpful and they went out of their way to help. The course has helped me to achieve my goals to be a youth worker. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast was everything I expected it to be and more."
Certificate IV in Youth Work