Use your talents and imagination to create beautiful buildings
Interior designers work with clients to plan, develop and detail designs and decoration for both residential and commercial properties, combining knowledge with aesthetic vision. This often includes designs to enhance work efficiency and / or psychological well-being and space creation and planning.
Interior Designers are often creative, imaginative and artistic. Employment in this industry is forecast to remain relatively steady.
View Interior Design courses
What career opportunities are available:
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast Interior Design graduates are employed in the following roles:
- Self-employment as an interior decorator
- colour consultant or interior stylist
- decorator for design and decoration consultancies, furniture, furnishings and fabric suppliers
- furnishing departments of retail stores
- Five reasons to study business with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
Five reasons to study business with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- You will develop skills in design and decorating building interiors.
- You will develop skills in understanding and working to a client brief and budget, and develop your creative and lateral thinking
- You will work in an industry that creates appealing interiors and make people feel good.
- You will learn from some of South East Queensland's experts and managers and interior design.
- You will have a nationally recognised practical qualification.
Did you know
- Darren Palmer is one of Australia's top interior designers. He also is a regular judge on the hit reality renovation television show "The Block".
- One of the quickest and most effective ways to add light to a room is to install a skylight. It creates an open, airy feeling and lets in more light than standard windows.
- Mirrors can also lighten up a room in subtle ways. They reflect light, and make a small room seem both larger and lighter.
I've done it!
"I was one of 13 design students involved in a makeover of the Tiny Tots childcare centre in Carrara. We were given a design brief that included state government childcare centre guidelines. After submitting our ideas and designs to the owners, we were responsible for colour schemes, picture wall papers, wall paintings, flooring, finishes for joinery and concepts for the rear garden and play areas. It was so great to work on a real-life project."
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast Interior Design