At TAFE Queensland Gold Coast you will benefit from a combination of theoretical study and hands on practical training developed at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast's new industry leading nursing labs and through organised vocational placement in your local area.
With 4 in 5 employers recommending TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, based on the course content, relevance to industry, facilities, resources, and teaching quality, you will graduate with job ready skills and a competitive advantage.
There isn't a better time to become a nurse with strong job prospects and demand projected to rise by 2020. This is an addition to the already high demand for qualified nurses both in Australia and around the world.
Our online program is very popular
Few professions offer the opportunities, diversity and rewards of Nursing. Nursing includes the promotion of health, prevention of illness and the care of ill and disabled people.
The industry offers high diversity with the ability to specialise and work across hospitals, aged care facilities, community settings, schools, holiday resorts and aid organisations to name a few. The opportunity for varied working hours with the flexibility for shift and part-time work leaves time for family commitments, travel and other interests.
What career opportunities are available:
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast Nursing graduates are employed in the following roles:
- Residential care facilities
- Mental health
- Pathology services
- Medical Centres
- Community health centres
- Immunisation and health care screening
Major industry employers
- Queensland Health
- Ramsay Health Care
Five reasons to study Nursing with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- State-of-the-art nursing labs where students are trained.
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast is one of Australia's leading training institutions where students can study a Nursing Diploma online
- 86 percent of students who complete the diploma find work in the healthcare industry within three months of graduating
- Practical lab includes 38 electric beds, 10 electrocardiogram (ECG) machines, vital signs monitors, IV trolleys and two life-like simulator mannequins.
- Students not only learn the fundamentals of nursing but also get the opportunity to complete clinical work placement with a health provider in their local area
Online Student Support for Health Students: YourTutor - Log in via Connect. Once you log in to Connect, simply look for the YourTutor help link in the top right hand corner of your page. The best part? YourTutor is totally free! Read more
Did you know
- Nurses form the largest component of the healthcare workforce, providing health care to people across their lifespan.
- The average age of employed nurses in 2011 was 44.5 years, up from 43.7 years in 2007.
- International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world on 12 May each year to appreciate the contributions of nurses towards people's health. The day is held coinciding with the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale.
- Originally, the word 'Nurse' would mean wet nurse, and were employed to breastfeed aristocratic babies.
- The modern meaning of the word evolved after 'nurses' were referred to any woman who looked after children.
I've done it!
"I am a single mother with three beautiful daughters and the training I've received has allowed me to dream big. I felt at home at TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, everybody was so welcoming, warm, and they took me under their wing, encouraged me, supported me, and I found that I started to blossom and grow.
"From somebody who thought they could not walk in and do any further adult education - I just loved it; they opened my mind and encouraged me. I've been able to develop communication skills incorporated with interpersonal skills, being able to mentor others and being approachable. With these qualifications that I've gained eventually I'd like to be able to go rural and support my rural community, I'd like also to be a member of a training organisation to be able to teach and mentor.
"I would recommend anybody no matter what socioeconomic or cultural background to come to TAFE Queensland Gold Coast, see what they can achieve and have others support and believe in them. As an adult learner TAFE paves the way for further education and it also paves the way for the future for our younger generations. TAFE Queensland Gold Coast is able to give everybody the wings that they need to fly in today's society."
Diploma of Nursing