Follow your dreams for a career in engineering
An engineering trade qualification offers a hands-on and exciting career in a thriving industry. Career opportunities include contracting to companies, starting your own business, or becoming a fabrication/welding inspector or supervisor for medium to large companies.
With TAFE Queensland Gold Coast you can gain skills in:
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S)
- Hand and power tool usage
- Measure with graduated devices such as verniers and micrometers
- Mechanical cutting and thermal welding
- Technical drawing
- General fabrication including pressing and bending
View Engineering course list
What career opportunities are available:
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast Engineering graduates are employed in the following roles:
- Engineering apprentice
- Engineering Production Systems Worker
- Fabrication Engineering Tradesperson
Major industry employers
- Googyear Engineered Products.
- Laing O'Rourke
- Quarry Mining
- G & S Engineering
Five reasons to study Engineering with TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills to secure work in Australia's booming mining industry
- Your will gain an range of engineering skills including boiler making, welding, sheet metal and fabrication trades.
- Get hands-on experience and training from some of Queensland's best engineering professionals
- Use your qualifications to further your studies and become a structural or civil engineer
- Many of the Engineering courses are offered as apprenticeships so you can study while you're earning money.
Did you know
- Metal fabrication and welding is ideally suited to people who like to use their hands to build and construct metal structures from engineering specifications.
- Metal fabrication and welding tradespersons are in great demand due to the amount of construction and general manufacturing taking place.